Harvest Simply Surimi Nachos
1 pkg (12 oz) Simply Surimi, Stick Style, chopped
1 large sweet potato, scrubbed
2 cups peeled cubed butternut squash
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups shredded kale leaves
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
2 tsp lemon juice
1 pkg (220 g) tortilla chips
3 cups shredded aged Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp finely chopped pickled jalapeño pepper
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
1. Pierce sweet potato all over with fork. Microwave on High for about 4 minutes or until tender; let cool slightly. Carefully remove skin by rubbing with tea towel. Chop sweet potato into bite-size pieces; set aside.
2. Place squash and 1/4 cup water in microwave-safe bowl; cover tightly with plastic wrap. Pierce plastic wrap with fork 5 times over surface of bowl; microwave on High for about 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in large, nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; cook garlic for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant and starting to brown. Add kale, salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes or until tender and wilted.
4. Toss together surimi, sweet potato, squash, kale mixture, lemon juice and remaining olive oil.
5. Preheat oven to 400°F. Scatter half of the tortilla chips on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Top with half of the surimi mixture and cheese; repeat layers once. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Using parchment paper, slide nachos onto serving platter. Sprinkle with green onion, pumpkin seeds and jalapeño pepper.
Tip: To make a dipping sauce for nachos, stir together 1 cup sour cream, 1 tbsp each Dijon mustard, maple syrup and Louisiana-style hot sauce.